Here's my altered book page. I made it using all of the supplies I showed in my last post. The scone cutter stamps were a nice framing device. The old yellowed pattern tissue gives a great vintage look and I love the black graphic marks. The puzzle pieces where little works of abstract art in themselves. I took most of the cardboard off the back to make them flat.
The handkerchief was a bit of a challenge. I varished it, hoping that when the varished dried I could use it as a stencil. The paint seemed to just blob right through. However, this blobby look worked with the page. Then I rubbed the handkerchief with a piece of waxed paper and got exactly the effect I was hoping for, only on the waxed paper! This technique needs a little more head scratching. If anyone out there in blogland knows how to do this, let me know. I'll be trying another page soon!
5/27/2012 11:17:51 pm
You truly make it appear so simple together with your presentation but I locate this topic to be truly something which I assume I would by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your subsequent post.
Leave a Reply.
© Laurel Martin 2010